Humint Events Online: A Good Example of Why People Hate Lawyers

Thursday, August 09, 2007

A Good Example of Why People Hate Lawyers

The attorney for the retired general who was censured by the Army for his role in the announcement of the death of Corporal Pat Tillman challenged the idea that his client had 'evaded' a subpoena from Congress to testify at a hearing last week.

Lieutenant General Philip Kensinger's attorney went as far as accusing Rep. Henry Waxman, Chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform of telling a 'blatant lie.'

"I am saying that is a blatant lie," Charles Gittins, the Virginia-based attorney for the retired Kensinger told RAW STORY in an e-mail.

(snip)

"General Kensinger refused to appear here today," the California Democrat said in his opening remarks. "His attorney informed the Committee that General Kensinger would not testify voluntarily and, if issued a subpoena, would seek to evade service."


Kensinger's attorney contested the summary of events offered by Rep. Waxman. "I told the committee lawyers that my client declined to testify and would attend his meeting, as scheduled," Gittins added. "I told them I would not advise the Committee of his whereabouts and expected that without that information he would be difficult to locate. But my client did not evade and I never told anyone that he would evade service. I observed that it was unlikely that they would find him, which was true, since the meeting was not in his home."

Kind of speaks for itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger