Humint Events Online: Moral Exhaustion

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Moral Exhaustion

This is how I feel after reading Michael Ruppert, Daniel Hopsicker, or even Greg Palast.

How much can one small person like me take when it comes to the sick and corrupt inbreeding that occurs between the Bushes, the Saudis, the bin Ladens, the CIA, the mob, and drug smuggling? Or more generally, the tangled and dirty alliances that occur in the upper echelons of power.

On the one hand, I'm glad I know about these things, so I have a better understanding of the world.

On the other hand, I often feel that ignorance must be bliss, because the dirty dealings that go on in this country are a heavy and depressing load on my conscience.

The one thing that gives me hope is the internet, because previously, the vast majority of this corruption would normally be sheltered from most people by the corrupt major media. Sure some people would write books about these things, but these books never get publicized well and never sell very much. The internet however, lets all of this shit out into the public sphere. For the first time, people can easily access this information, and hopefully process it and start doing something about it.

Sometimes, the problems in this country seem so deep, that it seems like the only way we can deal with it is via some sort of popular uprising, where we throw all the bums out of office.

ROLLING STONES!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger