Humint Events Online: The "Fake Osama bin Laden Videotape": A Scam?

Monday, August 23, 2004

The "Fake Osama bin Laden Videotape": A Scam?

Earlier today, I posted the link shown below and said that this was evidence of a conspiracy because the videotape was faked. The link that I give (to the web-site "WhatReallyHappened") specifically indicates that the person in the video is NOT Osama bin Laden:

Is this really Osama bin Laden?

I initially was taken in by this "evidence" of US government fraud, but since I was officially posting this link, I thought I should look at the site more carefully. I therefore downloaded and looked at the original videotape and I saw, to my chagrin, that the videotape, as far as I can tell, really shows Osama bin Laden.

What is disturbing is that this web-site "WhatReallyHappened.com" specifically presents misleading images from the video, such that the Osama bin Laden figure looks very different from known pictures of Osama bin Laden. This is intentional fraud on the part of "WhatReallyHappened".

I started reading "WhatReallyHappened" about a month back because they had some interesting views on various issues. However, of late I have become disturbed with the blatant and unbalanced anti-Israel bias shown by this website. The web-site appears to promote a theory whereby Israeli agents pose as Al Qaeda, and that Israel is really behind the 9/11 attacks.

I will have to deal with the Israel issue at some point, but right now, I am disgusted with this "WhatReallyHappened" web-site. What I found here demonstrates exactly what I referred to in my very first post on this blog-- that there is a lot of misleading information out there on 9/11, and my job is to sort this out. In the case of "WhatReallyHappened", they clearly have an anti-Israel agenda, and they will present anything that conforms to their view. So I will not link to "WhatReallyHappened" again, unless there is something else to criticize.

NOTE: There may be issues relating to the translation on the videotape, such that OBL does not say exactly what the US gov't say he says. That however is a different issue from whether the man in the video is really OBL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger